Thursday, March 31, 2011

With Love from Switzerland.



My friend Deddou had five days off from her job in Zurich Switzerland before she headed to Istanbul, So naturally she booked a flight to visit me in South Africa for five days.
We wined and dined, drank copious amounts of rooibos tea, ran around the dogpark with maya the bee, had long talks in bed for hours and hours, glared together at the overcast sky, danced in the sun when it finally showed its happy face.



We created a little world of friendship and happiness for those five glorious days, until Tuesday when all was packed up and tears were shed at the stop and drop at the airport.
I miss her topshop clothes hanging in my closet, her little laugh when i bring her coffee in the mornings, the way she fell in love with Joburg all over again and made me fall in love with Joburg all over again.


Deddou you little tiertjie of delight, thank you for far too much swiss chocolate, eye cream that actually works and for showing me what brave girls really look like.
ich trage Ihr Herz mit mir ich trage es in meinem Herzen


No comments:

Post a Comment