Thursday, March 3, 2011

Rapunzel who?

I have super long blonde locks.
Its my thing.
I flick it, whip it about and generally use it as my secret weapon when picking up boys.
Today i cut it off.
Seriously.
Just under my shoulders.


I watched my long golden locks fall to the floor in dramatically slow motionness, felt the tears prickling at the back of my eyes, it was such an Ah-Ha! moment.(Thank you THANK YOU Oprah Winfrey for invented this glorious phrase!)
I had heard of these woman, who feel the need to cleanse after a breakup, breadown, hip break, break through..and as i felt the breeze of air hit the nape of my neck, i totally understood the myth behind the breakup trim.
It felt glorious.I cried a little, laughed alot and introduce my old self to the new self i was now looking at in the mirror.
She looked so pretty, sophisticated, shiny and new.
It made me so happy.
So perhaps the next time i find myself smiling at a boy, ill use the strong beautiful voice and wit deep down iside me..instead of just flicking my hair.

1 comment: