Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Jump!


Sometimes i stand in front of the cheese section of Woolworths and i seriously want to risk it all by spending every cent of my washing-powder,toothpaste,vitamin,tampon,milk,dishwash liquid money on imported cheese. I hold those perfectly packages bundles of camembert de Normandie, Brie de Melun, and Roquefort lovingly in my hands and truly i can smell Paris.I can taste it.
cheesy i know, but totally thrilling.
I once blew an entire week's living money in London on a pair of green silk super high high heels.
Yes i lived on dry crackers and water for six days, but those shoes still make my heart leap everytime i slip them on my size five foot.
Ive been thinking about Risk lately.
Not the bad kind that see's you losing everything, but the good kind that see's you losing everything you need to lose in order to find what you need to gain.
I risked being late for a meeting on Monday, there was not a cloud in the sky, by 8 am it was scorchingly hot, my house was silent, the kind of silent that whispers in your ear..' go on, strip it all off, go jump in the pool, and while your at it, eat a hot pink grapefruit and stop worrying so much.' which is exactly what i did, i mean, who am in to say no to the whispering voice of the hot day lets go swiming god's?
Here's to risk. Even if its a tiny step risk, like being five minutes late for a meeting just because you want to swim, or blowing all your money on a cashmere scarf that reminds you of Audrey Hepburn.
Lets all live a little, risk it all, drink it all in.
I think it may be worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment