Friday, March 11, 2011

Breakfast at Tiffany's.

I have two famous people living with me. Audrey Hepburn and Elvis Presley.
Now before you all go dialling Heat magazine and declaring Elvis is alive and well in Melville, Johannesburg, let me just state that they both live on my wall.
This is the gigantic picture of Audrey Hepburn that hangs in my bedroom, And handsome Elvis lives next to my bed(incase i need him to croon me to sleep).
Audrey over hears my tearful conversations, she see's me coming home tipsy from parties, having wardrobe crisis, bad hair days, fabulous hair days, etc etc...
So i thought it only appropriate to get to know a bit more of this lovely lady who seems to see and know so much of me.
I opted to keep the mystery of Elvis a little while longer for perhaps another post.
I wanted to know the little things about Audrey, who cares where she was born, i want to know what she loved to eat for desert, who broke her heart, what perfume she wore(all those little bits of information that are a sacred knowledge between friends)
When Audrey Hepburn cooked for her family, she kept the food interesting by making sure it was colorful. Her theory was, “It isn’t very interesting to eat a plate full of white, therefore it can’t be very good for you either.”
She always use to say "Let's face it, a nice creamy chocolate cake does a lot for a lot of people; it does for me."
She adored pearls, decided when she wanted to get married she wanted to be...very married, She had a yorkshire terrier called Mr Famous, and she famously use to long for a house full of children.
I might not know her favourite colour, or what made her smile, but i do know a bit more about her now than i did, its lovely to finally meet you miss Hepburn, and i truly hope somewhere out there in whatever kind of heaven you have found yourself, i hope that once in a while, you and Elvis meet up for a chocolate sundae and he croons you with his smile,his brillcreamed hair and his dance moves.

No comments:

Post a Comment