Thursday, March 10, 2011

Back in the day when we first started eating cupcakes.


I have a little cupcake company.
Im most likely always to be found baking away in my polka dot apron in my big ole farmhouse.
romantic i know.
I was thinking back to when i first started out, at a little organic food market at the delicious and super trendy Bamboo centre in Melville.
Once a month my fellow marketeers and i would hang bunting, set up stand,and enjoy crisp sunny saturdays selling our produce and being merry.
My friends would come, bringing cappucino's and gossip, my mom would come scour the market for duck pate and vintage glitz, the melville times interviewed us on our Beatrix Potter-esque market.. it was lovely.
I felt rather nostalgic today, when faced with yet another enormous order(dont get me wrong, sjoe im super greatful for the meeeelions of cakes people order from me)
but i remembered a time of painstakingly baking 100 perfect little cupcakes for one once a month perfect little market.
It made me smile to think how far id come.
Heres some photos from my very first market


1 comment: