Friday, February 25, 2011

WhatWasThatFuckerThinking.com


Ive been through a war.
A war of just a little over a year, of carefully trying to take apart, what i spent years trying to put together.
Battle scars should be worn with pride.
This took me years to figure out.
People come with cracks and badly glued back together hearts.
Take my friend Hayleigh.
Talk about a beautiful person.
Physically, she's a knock out.
Internally, She's just about the nicest person you will ever meet.
Witty, sharp, hilarious, fiercely protective of those she loves, she is a trooper. In the true-est troopiest sense.
The commander and chief of one of the worst war's to hit our little village about seven months ago.
The story goes a little like this.
Hayleigh meets boy five years ago.
Boy is floored by her(As most men are)
They begin a courtship.
They fall in love.
They fall even more in love.
They fall so so in love that the rest of us are green and feel icky in our tummy's from jelousy.
They were that couple.
Where you cant see where the one begins and the other ends.
Talk of houses, his and her's toweling gowns, veggie gardens, and couples dinners ensued.
We lived in a bubble of Laughs,lovely love, fluttering hearts and 'I have found the one' haze for years.
The one day, out of nowhere(as is always the case)
He came like a hurricane and ripped the heart he had given her, which he has sworn to her, from her chest.
He took what was a great love, and turned it into a cautionary tale for woman everywhere.
That urban myth of the friend of the friend of the person you know who was honestly dating the very best guy you ever did meet, then like a bad romance novel(including the illicit office affair)he leaves you, in the dust, to run off into the sunset with whats her name from accounting who has the face of a horse, but we are pretty darn sure she must be doing something right to snag a guy like that.
She cried.
Alot.
We drank alot.
We cursed.alot.
We spoke it to death.
We asked why a million times.
We tried to figure it out(with no obvious conclusion)
We drank.
Alot.
We cried.
Alot.

And somewhere inside the hurricane of pain and desolation and utter grief.
Hayleigh Evans, found her voice.
Like the little mermaid, it broke free from the metaphorical box, rose up to meet her, embraced her, and gave her two triple A batteries to put in a torch too guide her out of the dimly lit cave and i into a world of light.
And boy did she shine when she rose up to meet the sky.
And i could not be prouder, of this theatre company owning, business woman savvying her way to the top.
Hayleigh go look in the mirror and dont ever stop looking at the glorious woman who won the battle of her own heartbreak.
And finally, to end, i would like to quote Maya Angelous:

I walk into a room
Just as cool as you please,
And to a man,
The fellows stand or
Fall down on their knees.
Then they swarm around me,
A hive of honey bees.
I say,
It's the fire in my eyes,
And the flash of my teeth,
The swing in my waist,
And the joy in my feet.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.

Men themselves have wondered
What they see in me.
They try so much
But they can't touch
My inner mystery.
When I try to show them
They say they still can't see.
I say,
It's in the arch of my back,
The sun of my smile,
The ride of my breasts,
The grace of my style.
I'm a woman

Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.

No comments:

Post a Comment