Wednesday, July 20, 2011

It was Destiny.


Driving back from Three Rivers(A one horse town near Vereeniging)yesterday,
I stopped at the local Wimpy to treat myself to one of their cheese burgers and shakes.
Once there i was greeted by the Wimpy manager, a flamboyant delightful man with the name of Destiny. His ear sparkled with a diamante earing, his eyebrows were perfectly plucked, his lips shiny and sparkly from lipgloss.
His dark skin was beautiful, his eyes rimmed with false lashes.
And boy was he lovely.
I said to him,'Destiny, dont you find it hard being yourself in this one horse town of narrow minded biggots?' he raised his eyebrow slightly and gave me a pensive look.
'Girlfriend, what else can i do but be true to myself?' id rather get beat up by the boers and the homophobes than be something i'm not'
I was flabergasted.
A black man called Destiny, living in the heart of Afrikanner-ville, loud proud and gay?
Before i left i gave him my Mac barely there blusher and an old Este Lauder bright pink lipstick i had found at the bottom of my bag.
All i can say is... you go girl... and may you find your Destiny...away from the Three rivers wimpy, the biggots and the corn fields.i salute you and your courage.

No comments:

Post a Comment