Monday, May 23, 2011

A thing like that.


I have been compulsively watching Mad Men.
I have been avoiding my life, avoiding the dogs plea's for a walk, my friends calls for drinks and have litterally become a spectator in the life of Don and Betty Draper.
Im wearing red lipstick to the breakfast table, smoking as though im in an advert,finding myself longing for days gone by where sandwiches had no crusts and you could order Bellvedere's at bars and using words like 'Imagine, a thing like that!' And 'goodness me i do feel faint.'
Theres a special place in my heart for turqoise headboards, cocktail hour at 10am, and hospitals with cigarette machines in the waiting room.
God Bless the 1950's. Thank you Don, Betty, Peggy and the rest of you all at Stanley Cooper, for making my week swell, real swell.

No comments:

Post a Comment