Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sunny Side Up.


Im super new to the blogging world.
Im absolutely a modern day,wish i really was, Jane Austen. Forever dreaming of days gone by where typewriters and stamps were the cool kids on the block,
And the postman, much like the milkman, was invited in for tea and cookies.
But alas, all is not Austen here in Jozi, not even one dainty gloved hand's worth of the darling writer is to be found in my town...
and i, well im writing to you,dear blog reader,via my oh so tiny computer, in my oh so tiny loft apartment in the heart of Melville.
A village of happy and sometimes unhappy creatives. who drink coffee and swear they have day jobs.
We are in the first week of yet another Un Jane Austen Year and i am already exhausted at all the ideas i have for this shiny happy new year.
Dont you love those times, much like at the beginning of a spiffy new relationship when you can say things like dreams! aspirations! This is going to be the year! and almost believing them?
Well dear reader, I have made a heartfelt decision that Miss Austen would have been proud of, I have decided to be one of those spiffy happy sentence saying people and actually try for My Year of Magical Thinking.May i just re-iterate my dreams are not of trapeze walking proportion.I simply want to butter the bread of my life.With Tuscan olive oil and melted briee cheese.
I want to be my happiest glove wearing self.
And this is where this blog comes in.
A year's journey of epic or unepic events.
Snapshots of lovely moments and tissue grasping ones.
So here is to the little things,and the big things the 'oh!' moments...the 'A-ha!' moments...and for everything else in between.

1 comment: